Thursday, December 1, 2011

1.21 Gigawatts: Back To The First Time

It has been awhile since we heard from the rapper Ludacris, probably taking time for his acting career but he is back like he never left with a new mixtape, 1.21 Gigawatts influenced by the movie Back To The Future. He also came back with a vengeance and wants blood. With the song Bada Boom produced by Wonder, sampling the Fifth Element (I think Luda is a movie buff with all of these movie references and a past album named Theater of The Mind) In this track Luda takes shots at Drake and Big Sean because of their alegations that Ludacris stoled their flow which Big Sean's fans call the "Supa Dupa Flow" and all the while Luda calls it the "Stop and Pause Flow. In an interview a year ago they asked Big Sean who used the flow the best recently and named the song Forever and said Drake's bar "Swimming in the money come and find me, Nemo" and then when asked who used it the worse said Ludacris in the song My Bitch Bad referring to the bar "Coming down the streets like a parade, Macy's"
Overall with that beef I would give this mixtape a 4 due to the poor chorus he had on some songs for example "Say It To My Face"but you can't ever neglect Ludacris talent he still has it ever since "Phat Rabbit" on the colaboration with Timbaland. This is worth the download. The battle between my favorite track would be between the Intro and I'm On Fire featuring Big K.R.I.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment