Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Greg Plitt Helped Me Stay Fit!

Greg Plitt was first a cadet at West Point Academy, then moved on to modeling, being a spokesman and then hit Hollywood in such films like Watchmen and Terminator Salvation. He modeled for such products as Under Armour, Old Navy Jeans, Calvin Klein, Modell's and Skimpies and even been on such magazines as Maxim, AXL, American Health & Fitness, Flaunt, Men's Fitness, Muscle & Fitness, Men's Health, FitnessRx for Men, Instinct Magazine, and Men's Exercise. Born in Baltimore, Maryland he now resides in Los Angeles, California where he works on his site teaching the public how to work out properly, stay in shape and nutrition. But with all of that on his plate he was able to hit the home of New York Native Alex Lopez. A 27-year-old Hispanic who one night stumbled upon a Greg Plitt video and is now going for the transformation of a lifetime, physically as well as mentally. He has been under the Greg Plitt regimen for almost 2 years now. It wasn't just Greg Plitt's workout routines but his words of inspiration that help mold him into that man he is today.

Growing up in the far north part of Manhattan, he always wanted to be a baseball player. Moving out of New York to finish High School in Pennsylvania, his journey of independence began. The small town of Hazelton, PA was too routine and cold, he felt as though he couldn't be active so he figured he move down south. Landing in Miami, Florida he began to work as a handyman and on his spare time would work out. Experiencing the nightlife and enjoying his freedom. But Miami was also a dead end for him; there wasn’t enough to keep him there. Alex Lopez is now living back in New York with a new take on life, staying fit and what it means to him. And how Greg Plitt helped him on his journey.


When did you first learn about Greg Plitt?
            I first learned about Greg Plitt through a YouTube video about a year ago. I was searching for abs workouts and I came across his abs workout video and I liked it. I noticed I saw more videos of his workout routines and learned new techniques till I found out he had a website. When I went to his website I subscribed to it and been hooked on ever since.
Before

Where you always into working out?
            All my life I was into playing sports not fitness. Although I liked the body physique one can achieve. I liked the idea of having abs and ripped muscles. I always wanted them but never pursued it. It wasn’t till these recent years when I really got serious about it and convinced myself to start working out.

What inspires you to stay fit?
            Many reasons. My first, I have to say was when my father was diagnosed with colon cancer. Learning that it was hereditary, I knew that by staying healthy I could avoid getting it in the future. I can avoid the majority of any sickness in life by staying healthy, it’s a big reason anyone should do it if they care to live a long healthy and happy life. But what really inspires me is how I feel when I come out of the gym. When people give me compliments, when I inspire others to do the same. They see me and want to do the same. Helping people by doing what you love-doing everyday is priceless and it’s the best feeling ever. I enjoy how I feel after the gym. I feel extremely confident and brand new, like if I was reborn. I always think about how I’m going to feel after the gym.

What music really pumps you up for the gym?
            I would have to say the music that pumps me up is All Of The Above by Maino and T-Pain. And You’re the Best Around by Joe Esposito.

What is your mindset before hitting the gym?
            Well I have to mentally get where I want to be, to perform. And that is thinking of my goals in life and my past failures. When I think of my failures I get pumped. So when I get to the gym I take it out on the weights. I think to myself I don’t want to be a failure to everyone or anything to get what I want. I want to be successful. I want to be unique. I want to be beyond others and for me to do that I have to keep pushing harder. All of a sudden I build a fire inside which explodes in the gym for about an hour and a half.

How much can you bench press now?
            When I started bench pressing I started with 135 pounds and now I can press about 205 to 220 pounds. To get up to that weight was hard but very fun. Combining the formula of dieting, nutrition, rest, and hard work in the gym, you’ll see progress fast. It’s an enjoyment seeing yourself grow.

How much you weigh?
            Not sure, I don’t weigh myself. I go according to what I see in the mirror
After

Before discovering Plitt and his workouts, how was your previous routine? And how was he able to change it?
            My routine before I learned about Plitt was your average workouts. I did a couple of sets on every machine at my own weight limit and it was successful. But I still felt like I was missing a lot. Sure I was happy with my results but I felt like I can do more in the gym. When I learned Plitt’s workouts, it took me to a whole different level. It was fun, it was painful, it was intense, and it will take you beyond your limits. I got way more results with his workouts.

In such a busy world, how do you even find time to hit the gym?
            Well when you fall in love with fitness you’ll find the time. Whether it is in your break during lunch at work or before or after your working a long day. When you love something there is nothing that can stop you from doing what you love, period. If there is, it just means you are letting the excuse take over you. I plan my workouts according to my schedule. Yes we might skip a day or two but as soon as you have time just hop right into the workout you had planned before, plain and simple.

Greg Plitt had an effect on you, where do you see yourself in the future?
            Being that I fell in love with fitness and my prior love for sports. I knew I always wanted to do something active. I never liked the thought of sitting behind a desk. It bores me and gets me sleepy. I love moving around and creating something. When I physically transformed myself it hit me that I enjoy fitness and soon I found the love for it. All of my life I was always generous and loved helping people. So I discovered personal training. Its perfect I thought, I can help transform others physical and mental the same time changing their life. Yes I see myself as a personal trainer.

That’s great. I know you’ve moved around a lot but what made you come back to New York?
            Well being that I’m a person that likes to experience new things and places. I tried out Florida and Pennsylvania. I loved Florida but hated Pennsylvania. (Laughs) Sometimes things happen in life, that we can’t stay in a place we want to be. If it’s depressing, you can lose a lot of your confidence. That’s what I had and the only place where I felt happy was back home in New York City. So I came back.

If you were able to meet Greg Plitt, what would you say?
            If I met Plitt I would say thank you for changing my life, you gave me confidence and the will power to make something of myself instead of listening to the negativity around me. Because of you I now live life and I’m slowly but surely achieving my goals.

Thank you so much for your time but before we go. Do you have any words for the people who are starting to work out?
            To those who are starting fitness I would say, before you start, ask yourself are you happy and healthy at this point? If not, this fitness is the best therapy of life you’ll ever get. You’ll be living life to the fullest and you’ll be looking forward to everyday in your life and to every workout, enjoy the transformation and the better you.

No comments:

Post a Comment