Monday, November 28, 2011

What You Get Mixing Phillies, Chips Ahoy and a Road Trip!


I'll never forget when I got high with my best friends from High School. Its a funny story
and it involved a lot of friends of the time but I won't mention names to protect their privacy. It wasn't actually my first time trying marijuana. I remember experimenting with it New Years of 2006. I was walking home, i can't remember where i was coming from but i distinctly remember crossing paths of my friend who sold drugs around my way. I stopped and had a couple words with him before heading home. It was real late i kept looking at my watch, now i don't remember the conversation but i do remember him giving me a parting gift. Told me "...something to bring in the New Year." It was a dime bag of some good Washington Heights Haze.
 It was New Years day and my grandparents had gone upstate to a relatives house to spend the day. I had the apartment to myself, so i invited some friends and women friends. We was going to smoke, long story short. The girls didn't smoke, two friends and I ended up going to the roof of my building and smoking. Of course i didn't do it right and felt NOTHING.
Later down the line I began to dabble in the movement of narcotics. I gathered up the team and we decided to head out of state to Providence Rhode Island. What a road trip! Now the plan was to make some business deals out in Providence. Didn't happen that way, so on one of the nights while we was out there scouting out the area we decided to buy some things at the gas station and head back. We were staying at my friend grandmother's house. We came back with the blue bag of Chips Ahoy and a box of Phillies. Since we was bored and the night seemed to go no where, we decided to smoke. Not to lie i was kind of anxious, especially to do it with close people. What a disaster it turned out to be. Four people and nobody knew how to roll. We ran through the box of Phillies just trying to roll up a twenty. When we finally got it rolled up it looked like a twig off a tree branch but it would do. We went to the porch of the house and sat in a circle "That 70s Show" style. It was my weed so i sparked it up.
I inhaled the hot and thick smoke, it hit me in the back of my throat. Thats when the coughing began. Unable to take another hit from all the coughing i passed it on. He took his two hits and passed it on. My other friend fixed his glasses and took his two hits. Passing it on, my other friend whom we were sitting in front of his grandmother's house smoking took his hits, tried to hold it in and began to cough too. By the time it got back to me i had already got a hold of my breath. I took another hit but small this time. Inhale the smoke and exhale. I passed it on, our poor excuse for a blunt burned quickly. My chest was tight, my throat burned, my body was tingling and i felt light headed. As we got up to go back inside we all began to giggle, from what? I DO NOT KNOW.
One of my friends says "We can't just leave. It smells like OD weed out here."
We all looked at each other, that's when i waved my hands and blew into the air trying to scatter the smoke away. Then we all just bursted into laughter. As soon as we got into the room we were sleeping in one of my friends hit the bed hard. The rest of us stood up and just began to enjoy the high. Remembering that we had bought that pack of Chips Ahoy, we attacked it like starving rats and the trash. We were making so much noise that my friends uncle who lived in his grandmother's house came down. Asking us all sorts of question but we were to high to even answer correctly. Laughing and talking non-sense. Now i don't remember much of what we spoke about that night but i'll never forget the first time i got high in Rhode Island and who i was with...

We left those memories back in Rhode Island.
And some dime bags i had.

No comments:

Post a Comment