Monday, May 21, 2012

The El ExXx, Final (LoveStory)

During that whole summer all we did was hang out. We even got closer. So close that her friends were my friends and mine were hers. I thought I even loved her but I could confuse it for a lot of feelings at the time. But it was the best time time of my life. They say that God puts certain people in your life so that they can either teach you something or to change your life around so you can a different outlook on things.

One day we both played hooky from work and decided to have a picnic at the park. She brought the food and I the liquor. Eating fruits, sandwiches and drinking Bacardi while laying out on a sheet she had brought from home. We basked in the sun listening to music reminiscing on our childhood. It was funny because i was enough to show her a picture of myself i had in my wallet.
"Look at me when i graduated kindergarden." i tell her as i pull the picture out.
She looked at it and fell back with laughter. "Oh, my God. You were so cute. You haven't changed a bit. You still have a baby face."
I snatched it from her hand "This baby face picks up all the ladies."

The sun started to slowly set and we laid their still enjoying the company. There would be times were we would slip in a kiss. Hugging and rolling around like high school sweethearts, we were even holding hands.


It was a Thursday night they were at a bench by the park, they have walked all day around the city. Those are the best times to him, he loves being able to enjoy the wonders that the city has with someone he has grown to love. The bench was on the outskirts of the river which watched over the other city. As the sun sets to its slumber the skies change color, dark blues and vibrant purples. His arm over her shoulder, her head on his chest.

"I've never spent a whole summer chasing after a girl like you." he said out loud like those words fell out of his inner thoughts.
"Excuse me?" she said swaying offended by the comment.
"No, i don't mean like that. I mean" he gets her up and looks at her in the eyes. "You have changed

I came in and she wasn't there. all that was left was the Sidekick LX that I had let her borrow with a post it note on saying "Thanks for the phone, Stranger"
That was all. No number. No address. Nothing. I smiled to myself couldn't believe it. It was like a scene from those chick flicks. I flipped open the screen and the phone was actually on. she had erased everything, except this one email left on her tmail service. it was from herself, it said

From:LadiiFashun@tmail.comTo:Subject: To my best strangerHey Stranger,We are destined to meet many people in our lives. whether it be bad or good but they all have a purpose. I don't know if I taught you anything but you surely taught me alot. before I met you I was... well, let's admit it, a bitch. but it was something about you in that bar that night that let me know to give you a chance. and I did. and now I see things in a whole different way. you brought the child inside of me out. taught me how to be carefree. We went from being complete strangers to best friends. I love you
Always,The Stranger With The Sidekick


No comments:

Post a Comment