Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"Mom, Roll That Shit"

In the year of 2008 I was able to have a greater relationship with my best friend, my mother. Everything was were i wanted it to be, for example i had my own apartment, a good job working in a law firm, and single. Being that everything was just "perfect" in life i decided to experiment more. That was the year i began to have a total disregard for responsibility, drink heavy and smoke marijuana.There would be little get together in my apartment beginning sometimes on Wednesdays all the way till Sunday mornings. I would take Sundays to relax maybe regain energy from the hangover. My house would be riddled with bottles of Hennessy, Vodka, Malibu and blunt wrappers, it looked like a fraternity house.

One day at work my mother decides to call me and tell me that she going to be at my apartment because she had mail going over there and she needed something that was important. Probably wondering, what's wrong with that? 
The problem with that is my mother had a spare key to my apartment just in case there was ever an emergency. With all the paraphernalia that was laying around having her randomly go over wasn't the greatest of ideas. I was thinking of a way of diverting her to go over, at least for that moment. Maybe if i could get home first then her and clean up it wouldn't be as bad. But that is your apartment was does it matter what you do. You pay the bills.
Again you might be correct but no matter what you do in life you still hide certain things from your parents no matter how old you are, either out of fear or respect you have for them. I quickly came up with an excuse to my boss so that i could leave home early. To late.
She was already there sitting on the couch in my living room with a blunt wrap on the coffee table.
"Mami." i said.

She looked at me with that face of disappointment. Did i raise you wrong? Am i a bad mother? I knew that was probably running through her head as she finds her only child with all this stuff in the apartment. No mother wants to see their child do bad even if they are prospering in their life.

She had this sad look upon her face. I walked into the living room with my head down as i began to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for the "ass whooping" she was going to give me. When i sat next to her she immediately turned and hugged me. i felt weird, like should i hug her back? But that's my mother so i embraced the hug she gave me. She lifted her head from my shoulder and i saw tears running down her cheek. She explains to me how she was stressed out in life with her boyfriend at the time and work.

I jokingly told her "You know what will make you feel better? Weed."
She wiped her tears from her eyes and said "Okay."
I was in shock and put her on a serious face "I'm not serious." I then smirked "Unless you are?"
"Let's do it now before I change my mind."
I was nervous and paranoid because i felt like any moment there was going to be a big hand across my mouth. In my room looking for a dime bag that i had from the previous night but I'm thinking to myself Is she playing with me? Should I go along with this? I'm going to get smacked any time now. She might just call the cops. I'm about to smoke with my...
"¡Darte rapido!" she yells at me from the living room.
This is really going to happen, I thought to myself. In the living I grabbed the latest Maxim Magazine that i had on the coffee table and begin to crush. I kept one eye on her just to reassure myself for her acceptance. She stood there calmly with a puzzled look on her face, wanting to ask so many questions. Until finally she burst ed out with curiously, "Why are you doing that?"
I flinched not knowing if she was going to attack. "Huh? Oh, nah I'm crushing the weed. You have to break it down smaller 'cause obviously you won't be able to smoke this big piece."
She nodded with compliance as to say she learned something new. I then rolled it up in a grape blunt wrap and held it up to see if she was still going to go through with it.
"What now?" she asked so naive.
"Well this is the part where we light it up and smoke it." I quickly replied. She then looked at me and shrug her shoulders. As i took out the lighter from my pocket and sparked it up, i looked at her once again to see if she was going to hesitate. Nothing. The smoke poured from out of my mouth and into my nose, french inhale. I passed it to my mother and explained to her how to fully inhale the marijuana and not waste the smoke, like you usually do when you first try it. She gave it a tried and took a big hit, she coughs hard. I pat her on her back and begin to chuckle. I was patting my mothers back because she is choking on marijuana smoke.
I got her some water and told her to drink it. While she was drinking it i took some more pulls from the blunt and tried to explain to her once again how to do it. She tries one more time, this time it was smoother. Four hits of the blunt before she begins to giggle.
"What you laughing at?" i asked her.
"I'm smoking weed with my son."
We looked at each other with our eyes low and blood shot, and begin to laugh. We laughed so hard that our stomachs her, she actually kept rubbing her cheeks because she said her face hurt from laughing. The blunt was clipped out on the ashtray.
The laughs start to slowly calm down and the hunger start to quickly settle in.
"I'm hungry." she tells me.
"Hi, hungry. I'm high."
And the laughs continue. We start clapping with our hands and stomping the floor from the laughter. She stops and says "No, but seriously I'm hungry."
I just looked at her and shrugged. She got up, went into the kitchen and began to whip up some food. I walked in and saw her cooking some pasta. Before you know it we are sitting back on the couch with a plate of pasta with chicken Parmesan with garlic bread. We were watching the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and after we ate we knocked out on the couch.

Till this day we never speak about what happened. And we never even acknowledge it, as if she never even came over that day. But our relationship got stronger, she is my nigga.

No comments:

Post a Comment