Thursday, April 26, 2012

Asshole Chronicles: The E-Break-Up

Asshole Move #23: Sending an e-mail to break up

Cleaning out my e-mail account i ran into something i forgot i even wrote. A copy of a break up letter that i had sent to a girl that i was going out with senior year of high school. The worse part is not even that i sent her an email breaking up with her but it was a t-mail, from my sidekick.

I met her through one of my friends that i had 3rd to 4th period math class with. She was a live wire, i mean she really kept me on my toes. I'll never forget that first night we spoke on the phone she was actually having an argument with her ex.
"Hold on, my ex is on the other line bothering me." is what she would tell me. I thought it was crazy but it excited me. The first time speaking to her and she was already opening up to me, telling me about her past relationships and experiences with men. Her strategy was to be completely honest with me and in return i was going to do the same.



She was wrong, i wasn't going to reveal my dirty secrets. That would be stupid of me. We met later that week and well got to know each other better. We got more and more intimate as there was something about her that i can't quite put my finger on.
But every quick up has a drastic fall.

She began to get self-conscious, insecure, jealous, possessive, and crave for attention. Now at this time i just got a Sidekick 2 and if you know about this phone, there are many ways to contact a person. Whether it be calling, texting, instant messenger or even e-mail, your best bet to be disconnected would just be turning off the device but that would defeat all purpose.
AIM
She would wake me up with a text and if i didn't answer then call. Now i would live out my day because for some odd reason she didn't like to go out so we couldn't always be on the phone, she wasn't going to pay my phone bills. Her next tactic would be to have me all the time on AOL Instant Messenger. I then started to create other screen names to try and bypass her, but some how, some way she would find me. Then she would create a screen name to try and catch me "cheating".
Now at first we would stay in contact all day until i would go to sleep and then "phone bone" until one of us knocked out, which was usually me. But after talking all day there is only so much you can talk about so i would whip out my acting skills, yawn and tell her i was tired. I would then hop on one of my other screen names and see who was online. She would call me private and i would pick up.
"Hello? Heeello?", no answer. Maybe like 10 minutes later i would get a call from her. This is when i had to put my acting skill to work, i would try to act and talk all tired, like she just woke me up.
"I know you awake. i called you right now and you was all awake. Even picked up on the first ring."

Don't ask me what kept me attached to her, i was young. I graduated high school and for my graduation gift my mother bought me a brand new computer and tickets to Miami, Florida. (i love Florida) But "little Missy" didn't like that idea, in fact she didn't even like my mother. You see my mother is more like my best friend than an authoritative figure, i tell her almost everything. Now this girls fear is that my mother was going to take me to Miami and hook me up with another girl.
The whole time i was there, which was a week, i just felt all sorts of pressure from her. She would call me as soon as she woke up, which was 10 in the morning and expected me to be on the phone with her all day until i would fall asleep. Didn't even give me much of a chance to enjoy my vacation.

I finally came back to New York and you believe it, i actually felt more relieved that i was back then i should of be over in Florida. That was an eye opener and it was time to nip this in the butt. Early. So on the car ride back home i sent her a e-mail, t-mail.

-----Original Message-----


From: art_man@tmail.comTo: h*******@aim.comSent: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 9:29 PMSubject: IMPORTANT!!Dear *****, I don't kno how 2 say this but I don't think its good 4 us 2 be 2gether u and i are not gonna work, and the reason i got back wit u is cuz i thought that we can make it work, but i guess i was wrong and im sorry for it but we just cant be, we have to many differenrence that leads us to argue alot. any way how we do it, were unhappy with each other so theres nothing else but to be just friends thats it. I mean I can't even sleep without goin through a scanning and shit. u say ur happy but I feel ur not, I'm happy but dats only 40% of da time. there is always sumthing wrong wit us I really do love u if u believe or not and I love u enuff not 2 hurt u and just let it end I had a great time and u still need time by urself becuz if ur past is gonna interfere wit ur future then its a problem u tol me dat ur sumtimes da way ur are becuz of ur relationship wit ur ex well I'm not him I can't constantly show u things 4 u 2 trust me u should trust me however and changing is not good becuz dats just hiding....I just think u need time BUT I'm ending our relationship I hope u find da strength 2 keep goin...U need a whole lot of care and love I guess I ain't da right person 4 dat ur a great person a real great person just stay strong I'ma be here still I just ain't no help I hope u understand.. I can't say srry cuz I have said it enuff all I can say now is I love u and live life ONE LUV Arturo J. Polanco 

No comments:

Post a Comment