Monday, April 23, 2012

The El ExXx Pt. 2

The next day I was at work with a major headache, my stomach felt so empty yet nauseated and my body was sore. You could smell the Hennessy excreting through my pores like a pirate. My head was hung low when that sweet old lady came in to pay off her granddaughters' phone bill.

"Mierda tu si tiene una resaca." she said looking at the aftermath from last night.
I explained to her what happened yesterday beginning with when the girl first came in and i let her borrow my old phone which i wasn't using. Told her how stupid I felt for getting drunk; not even being able to stand on my own two feet and she had to walk me home. The worse part was going in for a kiss and being rejected. The old lady laughed and told me not to worry about it, she told me about how things like that happen to the best of us. She tried to make me feel better by telling me a story of when she first met her husband and he made his first move. How she gave him a slap across the face and now they have been married for 40 years. Her advice was to learn and keep on moving because chances are that woman will come back, if its worth it. Until then there will be plenty of girls who will reject you.





I took her payment and she went on her way. The day dragged on as i worked the opening shift, to be honest i don't even know how i made it through those whole 8 hours. My shift ended and I walked home with my head down still thinking about her. I'm telling you it was those lips they have some how been imprinted into my mind. The scene kept replaying in my head, going in for that kiss. How stupid of me! I thought to myself, if i could only go back and maybe not kiss her. Or maybe even drink less. Or maybe not have met her at all.

"Hey there strangers." I looked up and there she was. "I was trying to call you but you didn't leave me your number and the only phone number on the sidekick you left was your house so i called to see if you were ok. Your mother told me you were at work and get home around this time. So i figured i wait. How you feeling?"
My mouth just hung open it wasn't because of her beauty but because i was able to see her again. "I'm uhh.." I tried to find the words, "Fine. Yeah. I'm fine. A little headache but i've been through worse."
She had a smirked, "Yeah i could smell it over you." she quickly snapped back.
Scratching the back of my neck, "Yeah. I had a hella night." I chuckled a little and my cheeks turned rosy red.
We didn't speak much about what happened last night but that i was really tore up and i gave her an apology, "Don't worry about it." she giggled, "Trust me, it happens to the best of us. But you will have to pay me back for taking you home."
She didn't mention anything about the attempted kiss and i was glad but i was confused towards how she wanted me to repay her for walking me home. "Yeah. Anything, its the least i could do." i quickly answered maybe sounding just a tad bit desperate.
"I didn't think you would say no. But i remember last night you mentioned that you are into computer and well the lady i work for said i would be needing a laptop for keeping all of her files and shipping documents. So i was thinking maybe you could help me out." she then spread out a big smile. I couldn't do anything but melt and submit, plus i owed her for last night.


We took the train to the nearest Apple Store because i convinced that a Macbook Pro would be a good computer to utilize for the business in which she is in and its user friendly. We were laughing all the way to the store, we almost missed our stop because she was making fun of the way i was walking on the way home. (I don't know about you guys but i walk better when i'm drunk) She got the standard Macbook Pro and off we went but this time we took a cab back up.
That ride back home for some odd reason has always stuck in my head, nothing special happened but it was her company that made me feel good. As always no cabs wanted to stop, I jumped in the middle of the street "Hey! Taxi!" and nothing. She pulled me aside and flicked her wrist, I kid you not three cabs stopped.
"Is this cash cab?" i yelled as we got into the cab. On our way back home we began to converse about our past relationships. Also about how sometimes the best person to fall in love with is your best friend because that is someone that not only you knew from the begin before having feelings but that is someone who has seen both sides of you and been able to handle you at your worse and deserves your best. Rather then someone who you met, had a couple of dates with, give them your all, and then takes it for granted. Love is always a gamble but wouldn't you rather have the better odds of winning. I could tell she has been hurt before and that love is the last thing on her mind now. The cab drive hit a pothole and we jumped, she panicked and grabbed my wrist. She quickly pulled away. "Sorry." the cab driver said.
"Are you okay?" I asked her.
She nodded and we quickly met eyes.

She then told me a story about one of her friends mother how she was getting older and still couldn't find that special someone to settle down with. She knew that her biological clock was ticking and she felt that she was in the best position to have a child but didn't want to risk having it with anyone and have "baby daddy drama". Being impregnated by her best friend who she has known for more than twenty years was a drastic decision but it was one of the best decision she has ever made. She gave birth to a beautiful daughter and from a best friend gained a lifetime partner, who she said was a great father. They have been happily married for 10 years.

The cab took her home and she asked me upstairs so i could show her how to use her new laptop. She had a nice little cozy apartment with framed pictures of her posing around landmarks in New York and candles all over. She got me water, we then sat on the couches in the living room and i began to give her a quick tutorial on how to use the computer. The whole time i couldn't take my eyes off her meanwhile i was suppose to be focusing on the computer but with everything i've learned in school, the conversation was on autopilot. But my mind was contemplating on kissing her then and there. Again there was nothing special but there was an aura that she gave off that she made me feel comfortable around her. Hours passed as we went from learning about the computer to talking about what our ambitions are towards life and success.
She told me about her dreams and how one day should would want to be a designer and run her own spot.

It got late and i excused myself out as i had to go to work the next day. She walked me towards the door and thanked me for helping her buy the laptop.
"No problem." i told her. I then said my fair wells and began to walk away.
"Wow all those hints today and no kiss? I see you have to get drunk for..." and before she could finish i turned around and just went in for those lips that i have been mesmerized over.

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment