Friday, April 20, 2012

Four Twenty

Society calls it National Earth Appreciation Day, us stoners call it...

We just call it a reason to get high. Am I wrong? 
Ever since i began to smoke marijuana 4/20 has been symbolic. I'll never for get the first time I got high. 

(Room gets smokey from all the blunts i've blew down and i begin to reminisce.) 

It was the year of 2006, I remember vividly because it was actually New Years Day. Miraculously my grandparents which i was living with at the time left to upstate and i had an open crib all to myself. Just thinking about it now puts a big smile on my face like Beyonce on that love song. From ear to ear. This was the time when open cribs really mattered. As you get older those things seem to fade away and lose its value. 

I invited some of my high school friends over. The funny thing was i didn't even have to buy the marijuana because one of my friends from up the street was a drug dealer and he gave me a dime for free for the "holidays". You never pass up on free marijuana even if you don't smoke, that's just the rule. It was four of my friends who came over and only three who were going to smoke. The one friend of mine who we all secretly knew smoked because of his absents at school and slow mannerisms; is the one who crushed it and rolled it up. 
I got kind of freaked out that we would be smoking in my grandmothers house so i decided that we taking to the staircase of the building. The three that were going to smoke went and sat on the stairs which had a window. Rule goes: if you rolled it you get to light it up and take the first hit. And thats exactly what he did. He took a real big hit you could see his chest expand and out came the stinky smell of cheap cigar and burning marijuana. I was next in the cypher. I was nervous but i couldn't back out now. It was my idea in the first place. 

I put the blunt to my lip and took a pull. And of course like everybody first time i did it wrong. My other two friends who never smoked before did the same thing. We got frustrated that we wasn't doing it correctly so we gave the whole blunt to my friend is rolled it up.
Then we went down to the pizzeria and spoke about how we did it wrong the whole way there.

It wasn't till years later that i decided to give it one more try. I remember i was working in a little CD and DVD store and one of my co-workers kept talking about how he was high the whole weekend. We were closing the store that day and eventually he invited me to chill with him and some of his friends to smoke. Not thinking much of it i said "Sure why not?"
Off we went to get me high as PHUCK! (Sorry for the bad grammar but i certainly was really high the first time) Again the choice for young delinquents trying to get high is the staircase. So we went to his friends building and this time they already had it rolled up. It was in Phillies, i could see the tobacco insides and foil wrapper thrown on the floor. 

The cypher began and there were two blunts on rotation. When that blunt came to me and I took that real big hit, I started to cough real hard. The guy on the left of me was patting my back telling me "Some good shit, huh?"
I just nodded and passed to him. We finished those two blunts but i'll tell you right now i was already high from when i was coughing. I first felt it in my feet, it was like a light and tingling sensation. We all stood there until the smoke settled and we got up and headed down to one of the guys apartment. When i stood up that same sensation shot up from my feet to my head. I felt so euphoric and for some odd reason i couldn't stop smiling. We were smoking in the top floor of the building and the friend lived on the third floor, we then had to go all the way down. As i was going down those stair i kid you not i felt as though those stairs were never going to end, i felt and thought that i was going down some never ending spiraling stairs. I was so distracted and well lets be honest high that i even missed the floor i was suppose to stop on. I just lied and said i was going to the store to get some munchies. Its funny because my stomach wasn't telling me it was hungry it was more like a mental hunger. 

I raided the grocery store like I was the munchie police and they were doing something illegal. I got a big bag of dorritos, snickers, glazed honey buns with the jelly on the inside, zebra cakes and of course orange soda. 
(Orange soda taste best when you high)
I went back up, planted myself down on the couch and began to munch. I demolished that junk food, i have never been hungry for some junk food in my life and for the obvious reasons that food tasted great! And then it happened while i was there conversing with them i slowly dozed off and took what they call "a weed nap". They took pictures of me and everything, i couldn't "hang". Got up and took myself home, by this time it was already 12:30 in the morning if i remember correctly. I had to take the 1 train but i was lucky enough that the train actually arrived at a prompt time.
When i got on that train i swear to you it was like a ride on a space ship. I sat down and started to blast my music, i was nodded real hard and i felt like the train was spinning. I could hear every snare and hi-hat on the beat, i could feel the bass and i understood every word they were saying.

I'll never forget the first time i got high. Do you remember your first time?

Enjoy your 420 be safe

No comments:

Post a Comment