Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Question?

Sitting up one night crying at all of the dismay that has happened in his life recently. Losing his job, losing his apartment, his girlfriend left, losing his grandmother and all the mean while losing his self. finally fed up, his tears turn to anger and his question of "why me?" quickly turned into a scold into the air.
wiping the tears from his cheek, balling up his fist, looking towards the sky, he questions "why do bad things happen to good people? and why must I suffer? haven't I served you and been good to you?"
nothing was heard. he then drops his head low as there was no response. but suddenly a strong gust of wind swooped by and in the pitch black night a bright light started to appear in the distance. as the light grew bigger it grew brighter and brighter till there was nothing to shade his eyes with but keep them shut. he felt a warm blanket-like feeling over his shoulders.
in a soft voice the light spoke out to him and said "I don't let these things happen rather I did these things to you."
wanting to open his eyes but the light would not let him afraid to be blinded. he responded back "but why?"
the voice quickly answer "never question me, everything I do has a reason. all I ask is to never lose faith and from time to time I will test you. not to break you down but to show you, you are stronger then you think."

with his eyes still closed he stood up but a force quickly pushed him back down. he then got up once again. the voice spoke out to him and said "you see what you can do? you stood up again even after being pushed down. that is to show you can have anything in this world if you really want it."
he lashed back and asked "but why take everything from me?"
a stronger force came over him and pushed him back down. "I said don't ever question me." the voice gets deeper, "show me that you really want it!"
with his last breath he finally stood up and even though he was scared he open his eyes. only to show he was back home with his girlfriend and grandmother at the foot of his bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment