Thursday, April 19, 2012

The El ExXx Pt. 1

I remember this one summer where I worked at a cell phone store. I thought it would be a easy and laid back part time job since I was so into gadgets and cell phones. But I was wrong, the customers at that location were ruthless. They would give me this ridiculous quota that i would have to meet at these outrageous deadlines. That didn't taint my spirit; i was able to make the most of it and meet a lot of interesting people. For example there was this old lady that would go and pay her granddaughters phone bill who was in Binghamton University. She would sit down with me and talk about how her granddaughters'  education is important, she paid for her phone bill because she knew that she will become a successful accountant.
That old lady one day came and brought me a Brugal straight from the Dominican Republic. Told me "I won't be able to enjoy it as much as you would." All she wanted was just someone to talk to.



It was a hot Sunday afternoon, me and two of my other co-workers were scheduled to work that day. The day dragged on and on with such hot weather. Being in a Cell Phone Store was not how i wanted to spend it but you have to do what you have to do. It wasn't till she walked in. Long legs, tall, bright red lipstick, matte black bob hair and thick, I wanted it. First thing that i thought was she is out of my league. I was gazed into her Paul Smith aviator sunglasses and i kept thinking what i would do to her if she would just let me put my lips on her.


SLAM!
I quickly snapped out of it when she tossed her broken pink Motorola Razr on top of that counter. "Excuse me. Hi. Fix this." she said with an attitude. I picked the device up which was clearly smashed with a cracked screen and scratches over the body.
Smiling i said "This is a cell phone store this phone here needs a church." She wasn't having it.
"I need this phone. My life is on this phone."
I try to calm her down because i could clearly see she was annoyed; a broken cell phone and this hot weather wasn't really helping much either. But i couldn't stop staring at her lips and cheek bones, she was built to stomp on a mans heart. I told her in my most smoothest voice "This cell phone store can't help you but I get off in an hour and i have this old phone and great condition that you can borrow."
Thats when she lifted me off my feet with that smile, she got closer to my face and said "Fix. My. Phone!"

As we looked around in the incasing we had in the store she saw nothing of her interest and she was getting more aggravated. She then out of a spurt just turned around and walked away. Just like that, without saying a word or even a notice. My co-workers and i looked at each other and just laughed. The hour was up and it was time to close shop, right after closing the store and saying my goodbyes to my co-workers, she approaches me from out of left field.
"Which is this phone that you can let me borrow?" she asked with a little girl voice.



We walked all the way to my apartment. She was a tough cookie but I was able to use a smooth move here and there to crack that well guarded shell of hers. Had her laughing with stories of the crazy customers that go into the store. I wanted to ask her up but living with your parents isn't something you really use to impress the ladies. Told her to wait in front of the building and came back down and presented her with the Sidekick LX.
Her eyes opened up in astonishment, "You seriously expect me to use this phone?"
"Its better then that pink bullshit you got." I quickly snapped back. She flinched because she didn't expect me to actually give her attitude.
"Listen woman, you came into the store today like you own shit. Came back with your tail between your legs asking for a phone and now you have a problem with the phone I lent you. You are an ungrateful person." I snatched the phone out of her hand, "Try finding yourself another phone. Bye."
I was so frustrated with her and I didn't even know her that well. She stood there helpless as I turned my back and headed inside the building.
"I didn't mean it that way." is all she said after that, i stopped short and turned around. "I've been having quite a harsh day. I don't mean to take it out on you. Honestly I'm not like this." She took off her sunglasses and flashed me her big brown eyes, i was in a trance. She dropped her head down and said "I'm sorry."
I would be lying to you guys that I didn't fall for the trap and just wanted to give her the phone. But instead I invited her to a bar that i knew a couple of blocks away. "You can make it up to me by letting me buy you a drink."
"You gonna buy me a drink?" she was dumbfounded.
"I figure you owe me a drink for giving me such attitude but I'll buy you one since you having a bad day."
"Ummm I just wanted a phone to use. I don't really like to drink especially with strangers."
I smiled and said "You just walked me home and are borrowing my phone. You can't consider me a stranger plus strangers don't say sorry."
She melted with the smile i gave her, we kept eye contact the whole time. "I don't know its getting late and I should be on my way."
"I'm not taking no for an answer."
"Alright. Just one drink." she enforced.


Hot Sauce is the name of the bar, we got a seat at the very end. The bar is mexican oriented and on Wednesday nights they have a special on beers and play all types of music to draw in a crowd. But on other nights its laid back and relaxed, with a big screen tv were people come to watch sports games. "You drink vodka or beer?" i asked her.
She placed her bag on some hooks under the bar and told the bartender "A henny on the rocks." Looked back at me and smiled.
Before the bartender could say anything i told him "I'm having the same."
"Dos henny wit ice." he says to himself. He got two glasses with ice and poured us the Hennessy.

I raised my glasses right before she pressed it to her lips. "To cellphones and strangers."
She giggled a little and said the same. We tapped our glasses and took a sip. It went down strong and warm, burned the chest and it made me make a face. I looked over she didn't even make a face, that was a sign that she has had seem experience drinking Hennessy before. "So explain to me, what is it that happened to that pink phone of yours."
"Its a long story."
"Well we have nothing but time."
She took a gulp this time as to say get ready for this. "I was going to my friends house and i was at the train station, waiting. This short ugly guy walks up to me hollering and hissing at me. I told him i ain't no dog for you to be hissing at me. He had the nerve to say your tall ugly ass scares dogs away. That just got me so heated, i've never been talk to like that. So i yell at him yo' momma is tall and ugly and yo' daddy is a dog and thats why he ran away. You know what he told me?" Asking so she could clearly answer herself. "That midget said fuck you. So i tell him 'I would if your short ass could reach me'"
I couldn't hold in the laughter anymore, "That's crazy." i said between chuckles. She was passionate and cute telling that story. I couldn't stop staring at her lips while she was speaking. "That deserves another round." I said. She was hesitant but you could see that "fuck it" face she put. So i ordered another round and we began to talk about our lives, getting acquainted with each other. I told her i was going to school for Computer Technology and was just part time at the cell phone store until i graduated. I eventually had to also mention that i live at home with my parents. She didn't mind, she told me she moved here from Pennsylvania, rents a room and is in pursuit of a career in fashion. She was working for this designer in hopes to show off her talents but for the mean time is just her assistant and thats why the phone was important.

Another cup. Another story. Time was moving fast by the sixth cup of henny we were barely able to sit still. We kept going back and forth to the bathroom. I called it and figured it was time to leave, i was getting very tired.
"No, come on. One more." she pleaded.
But i was entirely to tired and the liquor had me talking nonsense. I got up from the seat and almost tipped over. I was drunk.
"Whoa there. Somebody is done." she said.
"Ain't nobody done." i said breathing henny all over. I paid the bartender and we went outside. Once i felt that cool summer breeze, "Okay. Now i'm done." My head was spinning and i could barely walk straight. I kept laughing at how drunk i was.
"You'll be fine to walk home?" she asked me. I nodded and try to walk off but kept holding on to the side of building.
"No i'm not fine." i said with my head down. I was embarrassed, i didn't expect to get like that.
She took me by the waist and started to walk me home. "You lucky you cute. And live so close."

"Here we are." I screamed for no reason as we approached the front of my building. We stood there looking at each for awhile just waiting for someone to speak up and say goodbye. Those lips of hers were so voluptuous and i wanted to find out if they were soft. I was nervous but the liquor made me feel so bold, closed my eyes and tried my luck.

"Hey!" she quickly shouted, "I don't kiss strangers."
My cheeks turned rose red of how embarrassed i was. "I didn't..."
And before i got to finish what i was going to say she walked away. Took my ass upstairs and blacked out.

To Be Continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment